What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small computer file, a "tracer", collected and read during your navigation (e.g. consultation of emails, a website or a mobile application) deposited on your terminal, regardless of the model or type (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet, video game console).
These files can contain different information such as a session identifier, a language, a browsing history, etc. They are mainly used to offer personalized content or advertisements, and to improve your experience on the Internet.
Cookies are collected and kept, subject to your choices, for a period of 13 months following their collection. However, you may delete them at any time.
What types of cookies are used when you visit this website?
When you visit this website, different types of cookies are used. These cookies can be set up by Meribel Alpina or administered by partners (e.g.: publishers of audience measurement solutions, or social networks). The list of our partners is accessible here on the link dedicated to this subject.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for your navigation on the site and do not require your consent. These cookies are collected directly by us and allow :
To manage and secure your authentication on the website;
To access certain online services, such as the validation of the shopping cart;
To measure certain performances of the site in order to detect problems of navigation;
To remember your choices of settings and consent regarding the collection of non-mandatory cookies.
The collection and reading of other cookies requires your consent. These cookies are the following:
- Functionality cookies allowing :
To adapt the website to the display preferences of your terminal (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and parameterization of the display of the pages of the sites according to the terminal you are using and its location, etc.);
To memorize certain information that you enter on the website in order to facilitate and personalize your future browsing (for example, the display of your first and last name if you have a user account and you have identified yourself);
- Audience and performance tracking cookies, which help us to understand your interactions with the website (most visited pages, path, content consulted, applications used, etc.) as well as to process information collected on third-party sites. They allow us to make statistics, improve the interest and ergonomics of the website ;
- Advertising cookies allowing :
To propose you later during your navigation on the Internet relevant contents targeted likely to interest you (e.g.: best offers, other destinations,) on the basis of your centers of interest, your navigation, your preferences; and in particular to propose you offers on our products and services adapted to your needs;
To limit the number of times you are shown advertisements.
On case of refusal, the advertisements will continue to be displayed but they will no longer be adapted to your centers of interest.
- Affiliation cookies, which identify the original third-party website that referred you to this website.
- Login cookies, which allow us to access your information from third-party accounts if you wish to quickly register with your other accounts (e.g., Facebook, Google, Apple).
- Social network cookies, to give you the ability to access our pages, or share or like information on our site, and conversely to the social networks involved to track your browsing on our site, or to go to our pages published on social networks. We have no control over the use of data collected by these social networks, we invite you to consult their privacy policies (see information below).
How to accept, refuse or delete cookies?
We inform you that refusal may degrade your experience on our site. We decline all responsibility for the possible consequences of this refusal, in particular for the absence of content adapted to your navigation and your choices.
Furthermore, whatever your choice, you can at any time:
Modify your settings within our cookie management tool
And/or, remove the cookies from your terminal via your browser, these choices being applicable to all your Internet browsing.
Here is some useful information about setting cookies on browsers:
The methods for setting and deleting cookies are different for each browser. These methods are described in the help menu of your browser. You will find below the methods of setting the parameters of the tracers for the most known navigators:
- Internet Explorer : Gestion des cookies sur Internet Explorer ;
- Safari : Gestion des cookies sur Safari ;
- Chrome : Gestion des cookies sur Chrome ;
- Firefox : Gestion des cookies sur Firefox.
Please note that if you choose to delete all cookies from your terminal via your browser, we will no longer have any information about your choice of settings, and we will be forced to ask you again to set your choices when you next visit our site. The same is true if you use a new browser or a new terminal. As these settings are entirely the responsibility of the browsers, we do not guarantee their correct operation.
And other information on settings, by purpose:
The browser settings are sometimes insufficient. If you wish, you can further refine your settings, by targeting the purposes of each cookie:
- For audience tracking and performance: Audience measurement and performance cookies are deposited by third-party companies, but which help us to improve our website, to make its use easier and more efficient.
Here is a link to a page allowing you to learn more about these solutions and offering you a mechanism to oppose audience tracking cookies:
- Google Analytics (and other Google products)
- Google Analytics (and other Google products such as "Double Click")
However, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that the deletion of these cookies deprives us of important statistical information, necessary for the improvement of the site and its customization to your profile and interests.
- For advertising: Our website does not contain advertising spaces. Consequently, the information collected is used essentially to offer you adapted advertisements on the third-party sites you visit, based on the information collected thanks to the audience measurement tools listed above (the tools used are identical for these two purposes). In parallel, several platforms of advertising professionals offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting cookies used by the companies that are members of them. These centralized mechanisms do not block the display of advertisements but only prevent the installation of cookies allowing the adaptation of advertisements to your centers of interest. For example, you can visit the Your Online Choices site to prevent the installation of these cookies on your terminal. This site is proposed by the professionals of digital advertising grouped within the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and is managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France. However, we cannot guarantee its efficiency, as the proper functioning of this tool depends on the participation of the advertising industry in this system.
- For social networks: You will find on this website buttons to redirect you to the pages we publish on social networks. If you have an account with these social networks, they can also track your browsing on our site.
- We may also offer you the connection services offered by social networks or certain web players (e.g. Facebook connect, Google connect, Apple Connect) in order to facilitate your registration and your purchases. The use of this feature is up to you and allows you, if you are already a user of these services, to register on our site without having to re-register your information, by giving us permission to access this information. For more information about this information sharing and the use of these tools, we invite you to click on the following links:
For more information on cookies and the control of their collection, you can also consult the site of the CNIL - Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés: "Cookies: the tools to control them"